Dedicated Clinicians, Internship Opportunities, Active Mentors
Joining Walters Walk means you are committed to serving those in need and you'll be part of a team dedicated to your career development as a counselor.
Walter’s Walk is Hiring!
LPCs and LCSWs looking for a full and part time positions at a dynamic, interdisciplinary team dedicated to client care as well as continuous learning and growth are invited to apply.
Who we are:
Walter’s Walk is a 501(c)(3), non-profit counseling center which has committed to supporting the community. We provide behavioral health services to children and adults who have experienced trauma, depression and anxiety regardless of their ability to pay.
We also support local universities by providing supervision for students needing practicum and internship experience. We also provide supervision for PLPC working towards their licensure.
Where we are located:
Walter’s Walk is located in Hazelwood, MO, serving a diverse population of clients from St. Louis County, Northern suburbs of St. Louis, and is conveniently situated on Interstates 270 and 170, as well as the much-traveled Lindbergh Boulevard and Highway 370.
Who the ideal applicants are:
· LPCs or LCSWs seeking part-time or full-time employment at a counseling center dedicated to community mental health and wellness
· Clinicians who are willing to provide supervision to interns and/or PLPCs as part of their engagement at Walter’s Walk
· Clinicians who are experienced with counseling children and teens, families and couples, as well as individuals
· Clinicians who thrive in a team setting and are willing to engage in exchange of learning opportunities.
What we provide:
· Health Insurance for those working 32 hours a week
· PTO time for both full and part-time positions
· Fully furnished counseling offices
· Billing services
· Assistance with getting paneled with insurance companies
· Collegial and supportive environment
· Team meetings for case conceptualization and consultation
· Professional Development opportunities
· Exposure to different therapists’ and supervisors’ approaches and styles
Whom to contact:
Call Executive Director, Jean Moretto, PhD, LPC at 314-731-2433 for more information
Send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a diverse team of professionals committed to assisting the community by providing mental health counseling regardless of one’s ability to pay!
Walters Walk welcomes Master's level students seeking practicum or internship opportunities to fulfill their academic requirement. We offer a field experience that fosters collaborations and growth, as each student works with a diverse group of mental health providers that specialize in a variety of topic areas.
Every year we accept 5 counseling interns from local universities. Many Walters Walk's counseling interns have stayed at the organization to fulfill their PLPC requirements to jump start their private practice.
Flexible schedules for busy students
Group opportunities and trainings
Committed to teaching and developing students
Here to help you grow and all the support you may need
Opportunity to be a counselor at Walter's Walk after your internship.
If you are interested in becoming an intern at Walter's Walk please contact Julia Dooley at email@example.com